Friday, October 29, 2010

Back to blogging

Wow - just looked at the dates of my last blog entries. Can't believe the time has flown by & I have sooo many sessions, etc to blog. Thankfully, I can say it's because I've been so busy shooting that I haven't blogged. I don't complain about being so busy- I know that winter will come & I'll have too much time on my hands then!
Guess I should update on Taylor since that was one of my last entries. Thanks for all your kind thoughts & wishes to her on her mission trip. She had planned on staying for @ 7 week,s but unfortunately returned after 2 weeks. While she tried to remain focused & positive, all was not as promised...While the organization, Honduras Children, is I'm sure a legit organization, it doesn't seem to operate in a very organized, thorough manner. We understand that there are communication issues with Central America, however, the organization is run by Americans who ensured me that Taylor would be safe, never travel alone, etc, etc, etc. Lots of mistruths, etc.
Taylor thoroughly enjoyed her days at the "orphanage" and her 2 days at the high school (apparently the teachers can just cancel school or show up whenever they want & the poor kids who have gotten themselves there have no purpose to be there...).
Although she did not get everything out of this trip that she had hoped for and feels that she was mislead & "ripped off" in many ways, I know that all lessons are not always so obvious. Sometimes in life, we have to make these mistakes in order to grow & learn. I am just thankful that her only "cost" to this life lesson was the monetary value. She is safe & healthy. And I have noticed a few levels higher in the maturity scale. When discussing the end purpose of the trip she said "Well, if the only reason I was there was to make the kids smile, then that is what I was supposed to do". Good for you, Taylor, you are learning about life - and learning the best lessons!

No comments: