Monday, January 25, 2010

My personal fave






I absolutely ADORE this town. When we went to Ireland 4 years ago, I fell in love with Cobh. I never dreamed I would be back. Not sure what it is about this little town, but it is my favorite place in the world. There is a lot of history there- it was the last port of call for the Titanic (supposedly where "Jack" ran through the streets before getting on board - in the movie). Also, the Lusithania sank just off shore & the survivors & deceased were brought into the town. Unfortunately, we didn't have as much time here as we would have liked, but was glad to show it to the girls. St. Colman's Cathedral, which sits atop a hill overlooking the town, is unbelievable! Can't imagine how they built something like that back in the Gothic period - no hydraulic tools, etc. Amazing!

No comments: