Friday, May 7, 2010

R & R & blissful moments

Just finishing 5 days of R & R in Ft. Myers before the busy season kicks into full swing. Although I didn't take many pictures at the beach, I thought I'd share some mental images with you. I love taking pictures on the beach, but found that there is no foolproof way of keeping the sand out of the camera.
We all need to take some time from our busy lives and enjoy some bliss once in a while. It is so funny to me that although I tend to be a bit ADD, always needing a project, I can sit by the beach for hours, doing nothing but people watching. Some of my favorite "mental snapshots" from the beach:
Chubby little toddler in a bikini, squealing with delight when she spotted the "fishies"
Overtanned senior couple with all their gold "bling" literally playing in the water.
Dolphins - lots of them, every day - and all the vacationers watching them from only 5-10 feet away. And, yes, this is soooo much better than paying some resort hundreds of dollars to "swim with the dolphins"
Two middle aged woman, arms linked with their elderly mother, helping her in & out of the ocean to keep her steady. This one actually brought tears to my eyes.
Pelican flying over head with his very big fish - his prized trophy
The sun glistening off the waves, making it look like a pool of diamonds.
And lastly - the middle aged, overweight woman in the beach chair, listening to Bob Marley on her I-pod, experiencing Bliss...yes, me!
Have a blissful moment today!

No comments: