Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to blogging!!

O.K., I'm sooo behind on blogging, so will try to catch up. Things may be out of order as I try to blog recent events, etc. But it's a new year & time to get back to business!!
And business it is--The weekend after Christmas, I had a wedding, Bridal Fair & Baptism to cover. I've had a few sessions & booked a few more weddings for 2009. I feel so fortunate for my dream of my company to take off like it is. I thank all my clients for being so loyal to me & for passing along my name to others. My website has certainly helped with building business, but the best advertising remains word of mouth. Thank you, Thank you!!!
Many of you know that I have been a Pediatric/Neonatal RN for the past 14 years. This past week, I made the transition to contingent status. This means that I am only obligated to 2 days per month at the hospital. I am so excited about this transition, since it will mean more time to spend at my business. I don't plan on giving up my RN license & I will miss the kids. Pediatric patients are so amazing & resilient--I have certainly learned some unforgettable lessons from my little patients over the years. Pediatric nursing really keeps you grounded & helps you remember EVERY day to appreciate what you have & never take your healthy family for granted!
I hope to merge my two careers a bit by starting a local branch of a charity organization that offers complimentary photography to families with critically ill children. I am currently a member of Now I Lay me Down to Sleep-a program that offers portraiture for parents experiencing infant death. These programs are near & dear to my heart & I think it would be a natural transition for me.
I will also have more time to attend seminars, learn more about the business side of business, and maybe have a little time for myself?!
Hope you all have some wonderful plans for the New Year~

No comments: