Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Katie & Garrett's Wedding







I feel awful that I have waited so long to blog this wedding. I was so excited about getting the images up & here it has been almost 4 months & I'm just now getting them up...
Shooting Katie's wedding was nothing short of bittersweet for me. I was so happy that she asked me to be there, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it. I have known Katie since she was a very young girl. Her mother was a dear friend of mine. We would work the class parties in grade school together & chat for hours as we dropped the girls off for play dates. Sadly, Wendy passed away unexpectedly when her 3 girls were still very young. This experience was undoubtedly one of the hardest things I have ever witnessed. Wendy is missed to this day.
Katie was a classic, beautiful bride & her husband, Garrett, equally handsome. Since their wedding was a Friday evening, they decided to see one another before the ceremony & to complete all the photographs then. We had Garrett wait on the bridge way at Side Cut & Katie came up behind him. They had such a beautiful, quiet moment to themselves (besides me, Taylor & their entire wedding party peeking behind the trees!)
Everything from the gorgeous September day, beautiful ceremony at St. Rose, amazingly gorgeous couple, fun wedding party, lively reception was absolutely perfect! Wendy would have loved every second of it - I know she is very proud! And so am I

No comments: